Location: South-East England
Salary: £35,000+ (dependent on experience)
An opportunity has arisen to work as a senior or principal ecologist for Elite Ecology, an established and successful environmental consultancy that has obtained a great reputation. The role will see the successful candidate lead a team to work on a variety of different projects that will test skill sets and subject knowledge. Our wide range of clientele offers continual fresh projects that provides exciting opportunities.
The successful candidate will lead a small team of assistant and seasonal ecologists for the projects within the geographical area. A job with Elite Ecology will offer continual progression, both in terms of the role at the company and through continued professional development. The option for continued career promotion is possible, with the successful candidate growing with the company.
The office in which the successful candidate will be located is in Long Crendon, near Aylesbury, Buckinghmshire. This office has excellent road links to enable the team to commute across the southern portion of the United Kingdom. It has seen continual growth and due to growing demand we are looking to develop our team . The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary that offers a flexible working policy, holiday pay and pension scheme.
The ideal candidate will typically need to fulfil the following criteria.
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Phase 1 and protected species survey experience
- Experience in writing reports to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Protected species survey licences for England (and hopefully Wales)
- A minimum of a BSc degree in ecology, conservation, natural sciences or a relevant subject at 2:1 or higher.
- The ability to work in a team and on their own
- Knowledge of solving ecological constraints
- A knowledge of the relevant legislation and policies
- Project management experience
- Be a member of CIEEM or a relevant professional body of at least Associate level (or equivalent)
- Good client liaison skills
- Development licences for England and Wales
- Ability to work unsociable hours without constraint
- Botanical ID skills
- Experience in mentoring and developing younger or more inexperienced members of staff
- Experience of Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW)
- Experience of working with GIS Software
- First Aid trained
- Any other relevant qualifications (e.g. CSCS, CSJK etc.)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role and why you feel you are the right candidate to email@example.com